OK, so further to the previous post and despite technical issues, the polka dots have had a test run on a set of napkins I made last week. Mental note: Screenprint before sewing - the 'hems' give uneven printing results! Think the white is a bit strong - I like muted colours - but can work on that next time.
And in a late-ish night urge to make something else this long weekend, last night I took the plunge, cut up a potato and put my Lotta Prints book to good use as a reference guide. After getting the technique right, I'm now quite happy with how this first attempt, a table runner, worked out, despite the printing being a bit wonky. The pattern is similar to one Lotta uses, but is adapted to having only straight edges - archs are too hard with a dodgy kitchen knife and a lino cutter!