Monday 12 July 2010

Knitting the night away


For the last few nights I've been making a little something for my sister's baby...something I would have made before she was born, but being on holiday kind of threw things out of whack. And looking at her wee little feet gave me a good (OK, obvious!) idea.

I've knitted quite a few scarves now, but have never actually made anything from a pattern and thought it was definitely time to branch out a bit. Booties are the perfect starting point, I thought, although I had not idea how many new stitches I'd need to learn to make such tiny little things. But after a bit of swearing and a lot of YouTubing, I'm nearly there. And Lily is going to have some cute little Mary Janes that are only a little bit wonky, yay!

I'm stuck on the couch with a cold today, so am hoping I can muster up the energy to finish them off, but in the meantime you can see what they're supposed to look like here.

1 comment:

Nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...