Tuesday 20 November 2007

A Mirabel Cat Softie

And here's my second Mirabel Softie - the before and after shots. It's a cat, in case you can't tell, from a pattern by Amy Butler that I found a couple of years ago. The original is quite big (like a pillow) so I reduced it by about 50% so it can be easily carried around.





And I just realised why I don't usually make things from patterns - I'm not very good at it and don't follow instructions, hence the face is the wrong way around (compared to what is on the pattern). Oh well, no one will ever know!

There's actually quite a few interesting (and free)
patterns on the Amy Butler site - it's worth a look, especially if you're taking part in the Handmade Pledge this festive season. And while we're on the subject of handmade, Sew, Mama, Sew has some hints of what to make on the Handmade Holidays: 30 Days of Gifts to Sew special on its blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...