Monday 3 December 2007

Saturday & Sunday

Whew, had a fun crazy weekend. On Saturday morning I found out that Idlewild Press, a letterpress studio based in the Nicholas Building in downtown Melbourne, was having having an open day that day. How exciting! It's a one-person studio run by Carolyn Fraser of the Girlprinter blog. I went and had a look and as expected, the space is beautiful and the equiptment and type drawers and type pieces and various pieces of paraphernalia were just asking to be photographed.



I had to stop myself by only buying this set of cards - so sweet - but could have bought everything



While trying to find my way out from the sixth floor of the Nicholas Buidling I stumbled upon this great shop called Buttonmania, that just happened to be having its twice-yearly button sale. I got a handful of great looking buttons along with these great old knitting patterns.



Melbourne Design Market was excellent, as ever, and picked up a few great things including some coasters by Lightly, some earings (which punch out, how fun) by Limedrop, and a beautiful vase.

And stitching at Mikes was fun. Here's a before and during shot. The glass of bubbly explains the slight wonkiness in the pole!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Just wondering how you heard about the open day? I would love to go next time but always seem to hear about them after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about it in The Age A2 section on the day, but if you email Carolyn - there's a link on her blog, http://girlprinter.blogspot.com/ - ask her to add you to her mailing list. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...