Monday 24 August 2009

Sunday Stash (on a Monday)

As inspired by Rabbit and the Duck, I'm joining 1/4 of an inch's Sunday Stash (my contribution - I'm doing it on a Monday). Woot! My stash is tucked away, out of sight, and features lots of hand printed fabric from Australian designers (the fabric mafia!) so I thought I'd start with one of the first bits that I bought. And please ignore the massive creases!


It's by Julie Patterson of Cloth and it's called Wattle (Sunny) and features three colours printed onto an upholstery-weight cotton/linen basecloth. One of my fave things about this is the mis-registration - or perhaps it's on purpose - so some of the colours overlap. I also love the large scale of the image, the colours and the fact that it's a little bit nana, but not at all when you look closer at it.



My original intention was to turn it into a laptop bag but I couldn't bring myself to cut it up. I'm kinda glad of that, as I now think it'd be perfect for a table runner. One day, maybe...but until then it's going back to the stash!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo can't wait to see what other fabric loveliness you have! Aren't Cloth amazing?

    ReplyDelete

Nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...