Monday 22 June 2009

Winter knitting


I've got this knitting obsession going on that keeps me up at night. It can be a bit annoying, but it means I've got a rainbow of scarves - red, blue, grey, cream, a couple of multi-colours. And soon there'll be a yolk-coloured one. Woot!

The wool, from Pear Tree Yarn, is so lovely and soft, is hand dyed and was first spied at Stitches and Craft (didn't buy it then, regretted it, couldn't stop thinking about it but luckily then found a local stockist - phew.) Of course I then spent about five hours trying to unravel the skein, which ended up in a million knots - argh - but eventually got it sorted out.

And I really like these knit-purl-knit scarves that curl up - they can be skinny which makes them light-weight and quick to knit, but can be wrapped around multiple times to provide lots of much-required warmth for this cold Melbourne winter we're having. If only I had a fireplace and a cat. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Argh I've been thinking about your skinny scarves since Friday! Definitely a good idea/project for me to conquer the fear of tiny stitches (and also I need to learn how to purl 1 as well as knit 1... hmm!)

    ReplyDelete

Nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...